Sunday 4 September 2011

Totally random, dude...........

I took a little box of hexagons out with me today on a family visit and got bored with sewing in the papers. I HAD VOWED NOT  TO START THIS!  I have too much else on the go.  I am saving odd hexagons cut from scraps and excess from other projects-the idea was to get all of the papers sewn in, put them all in a bag and pick them at random to make a double quilt that will create its own magic. But I started sewing..............
Then after my visit, I went to the beach, parked up and watched the high tide turn, intending to read and I did a bit more....

It makes the whole thing less boring to do a bit of joining rather than endless paper sewing.  As long as I keep the maximum 'flower' size to six per side, once the florets are joined, it will look completely random.   Hopefully. But I need to finish my other two paper pieced projects first!