I spent Saturday on a lonely cutting bee that I had long been putting off. I had to make 12-sets for the outer rings of the brown hexie, my portable project.
All the brown centres are sewn up, leftovers from Darwins Flower garden.
These are leftovers too. I will have enough 'flowers' for another quilt! I finished the last few this week, I wanted to get them packed up and out of the way for the time being
I also cut some more papers, not my favourite job in the world.
It's been a hexie themed week, I sewed a few hundred papers in for the random hexie: the variety is low at the moment for this project, so I started some blocks off, to be filled out later when I've sewn in more papers and the colour variation is better.
I have watched a lot of pre-recorded documentaries in the last few days too!!
The hand sewing has gone way for a bit, I have seen enough hexies. I wanted some mindless sewing, so this morning I made about a hundred bow ties.
I barely scratched the surface of the sets I have matched up ready to sew. The orange and red ones have knots made form the leftover snips from pink Sisters Choice.
They are smaller than the other knots so will add variety.
The rest of the week I will be trying out my machine quilting. Scary!