Monday, 6 June 2016

Last push!

I have completed the last three play mat quilts for donation to a local charity. If they want them all, there are thirteen. Any remaining will go with the three I have reserved to Linus.  

I have several cot size to quilt  for Linus, but three doubles have to be quilted first. 
Then it is about time I made myself a quilt! 
  •  scrappy broken dishes
  • border and backing from the stash
  • quilted back and front with tangerine cotton
  • white border top stitched in the ditch in white poly core. 
  • Scrappy binding from gifted poly-cotton duvet cover, backing trimmings and recycled cotton sheeting. 
***
 
  •  broken dishes blocks
  • backing form the stash
  • quilted in Gutermann variegated green on the front, gifted pale blue polyester on the back
  • white border top stitched in the ditch in white poly core. 
  • white border recycled sheeting. 
  • grey border and binding was leftover 2"  strips from moth in a window.  
 
  • broken dishes blocks
  • both borders are recycled bedding
  • backing from the stash
  • quilted with white poly core on the back, Gutermann brown-yellow variegated on the front
  • border stitched in the ditch with white poly core. 
  • scrappy binding made from backing trimmings

No comments:

Post a Comment