Saturday 9 July 2016

Eclipse II

Another UFO done. This flimsy has been on the shelf for 10 years!!!
Applique detail:
  • 10 year old flimsy from strings and crumbs
  • pieced onto calico making it heavy (novice error) 
  • 66 x 110"
  • backing from economy buys in deep stash
  • Mickey Mouse cotton duvet cover pre-made binding. 
  • gifted pale orange and pale blue wavy line quilting on the front, dark cream polycore on the back. 
  • appliqued motifs to cover split seams!
  • heavily quilted to stabilise  the many seams as sits so heavy! 
  • poly batting
  • this will probably be a gift. 
***
I did a little more on the postage stamp quilt
 
 
Lots of reading this week. I finished the 1250 pages of 


I needed something lighter, so it was quilty chick-lit on my Kindle!



Now I am onto something more complex from a favourite author