Sunday, 25 September 2011

Four orphans and a UFO

 I was having yet another sort out prior to getting down to some sewing today and I found four orphan blocks that were trials for the spiderweb curtain.  They were put aside as the blue diamonds didn't pop enough, I went for a lighter blue in the end.  They are about the right size for cushion covers but they don't stand alone very well.  I think they will be put back into storage and be incorporated as a block into a quilt back at some point. 
 For the non-quilters that may be visiting from Bookcrossing, a UFO is an 'un-finished object'. Most quilters have several!  I found half a dozen really long strips I had made by sewing random scraps onto paper, trimming the edge then tearing out the papers along the perforations that the needle has made.  I love this sort of random sewing: moving the mid line, reversing the rainbow for one side (I had to write it down as I just couldn't work it backwards!), making the colour blocks one strip or many, changing the width or the angle of the strips
 Its another one that's going to have to go away  for a winter project finish.  It will have to be heavily quilted on the machine as the strips were made with my old temperamental sewing machine with the tension issues-an awful mess if it all unravels!

No comments:

Post a Comment