Sunday 13 May 2012

Rainbows after dark

I have been working on the rainbow hexie in the evenings this week. I found it goes together quicker if I sew the colour strips then join the strips.  There are less ends with the potential to unravel, at least.  I'm going to try doing the Random Hexie this way too.

Last weekend was spent clearing away the mess: I have finished cutting-the strips, squares and triangles, all stashed away.  I had to rearrange the spare room to get to the various boxes I needed!
I got rid of some uglies-these are what I call ugly. Pinky girlie eeews.  I am generally happy when I buy a mystery bundle form one of my favourite Internet shops, Lady Sew and Sew. Not this time, so I chopped it up for strings and fillers. Still not small enough for me!

I  have space for the sewing machine projects now.  I will be layering a quilt this week (can't post about it yet, its a gift and they will see!)