Friday, 25 January 2013

The Big Green One returns

This is about half of my hand sewn ugly green two patches that will be made into 4 patches on the machine for 'The Big Green One', hereafter known as TBGO.  I laid them out so I could see what I had and get a good mix in the four patches.  I paired and paired and paired this evening.  Then I found a few hundred I had done on the machine in different greens, so I paired those. Then I sewed and sewed. I have done a lot but barely seemed to have scraped the surface!

You can see the hand sewing here, I just got fed up with it!  I think it was because I was sewing 2" squares to 2" squares for too long.  Yes, I ruled every one of those cream squares (and more) that you can see in the other photo to get my seam allowances right.     All four sides.  Ho hum.







The pairs have turned into The Big Green Snake......there is another one about the same size lurking in a box!


I'm going to have to take a run at this or I will loose interest in this part of the project- I have been sewing 2" squares together for what feels like weeks on the machine, in bow ties and mauve mini moths!

I may have to stop if they are not done by next weekend as I will only have two weeks to make-at least to flimsy stage- a tactile quilt top.  It will only be about 40" square and most of the fabrics are assembled, so it's achievable.

That's me set for the weekend. Back to it.  Listening to 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' on audiobook whilst I sew, 18 discs!






No comments:

Post a Comment