Sunday, 28 April 2013

Advice needed and stocktake results

First, advice:  does anyone know if you can stop those nasty blogs piggybacking  to redirect to them?  It has been happening for a while (from Russia) but today I have had 25 hits!

I have had a look at 'settings' but I can't see how it can be stopped (:¬/

Anyways: a bit of a tidy  up over the last couple of days.......

I made enough blue nine patches for the potential baby quilt and a 6 x 7' bed topper, all pressed and waiting now, about 270 altogether. I couldn't believe how quick these were.  It helped that they were already cut and paired, of course.

**********************************

I had some leftover pairs of blues which I was going to sew up into four patches, but I left them as they can be used for a border as they are.





**********************************

All 244 'big green one' blocks are pressed.

 ***********************************

 To get a good mix in the four patches I overdid it a little (surprised?!):  I spent about three hours whilst watching a film yesterday spinning the seams and packing them away-I estimate there are 500-600 spares-a flying start on a new project later, yay!  These finish at 3".

**********************************

There are also some paired triangles that I'm thinking will be used for my churn dash that is in the WIP in my head list (yes, I have one of those too!); these finish at 3".

*****************************

There are lots of leftovers that are unmatched/paired as well.

********************************

I had a rummage through the pinks too, in case it's a pink quilt event, not a blue one and put some sets together from 2" pre-cut squares.  I cut a few 2 x 5" strips and had a play........


These finish at 7 1/2".  I must stop NOW as I don't want another UFO.  These will make a much needed cushion cover or join the 'orphans' if not used for a cot quilt.

More work needed on the border accuracy on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment