Sunday 7 July 2013

Getting down to business

Last weekend I started quilting one of the charity play mats. I used the walking foot for this design but the back still has a couple of wrinkles in.   I will look at it tomorrow and see if it needs to be unpicked.  I put it aside, frustrated, and haven't looked at it since!  The quilting is done in back and white variegated thread.  I'm not sure how I will quilt the borders yet.



I am determined to crack free motion quilting, so I made up some practice sandwiches  with an old poly cotton sheet and scrap wadding.  You aren't seeing the results, they are awful!  Doing more of this tomorrow.






Today I cut the red sashing and made up this quilt top, the picture is of a border audition:  I went with this fabric.   Can't say too much about it at the moment as it's a gift and someone may just sneak a look!






Tonight I sewed the binding for  1 of 8 table mats in the VE1 series.  For those not regular readers, here is the inspiration.