Last weekend I started quilting one of the charity play mats. I used the walking foot for this design but the back still has a couple of wrinkles in. I will look at it tomorrow and see if it needs to be unpicked. I put it aside, frustrated, and haven't looked at it since! The quilting is done in back and white variegated thread. I'm not sure how I will quilt the borders yet.
I am determined to crack free motion quilting, so I made up some practice sandwiches with an old poly cotton sheet and scrap wadding. You aren't seeing the results, they are awful! Doing more of this tomorrow.
Today I cut the red sashing and made up this quilt top, the picture is of a border audition: I went with this fabric. Can't say too much about it at the moment as it's a gift and someone may just sneak a look!
Tonight I sewed the binding for 1 of 8 table mats in the VE1 series. For those not regular readers, here is the inspiration.