Friday, 31 July 2015

Discoveries and Excess

A couple of months ago I finished the top (no borders yet!) for 'The Big Green One'. It took ages as I was never in love with the colours and kept putting it aside.  It will look OK with a red border, I have decided. 

 Leftovers: lots of triangles.  Lots. So I am making up some pinwheels and for x four patches, using my seam guide on this machine for the first time. Accuracy much better!


. I still need to mindlessly sew to de-stress, so this fits the bill for now. Pinwheels will finish at 6". 

I have a design in my head-for this I need geese. I have to work on the accuracy, this practice strip with randoms from the stash bin is 1/4" plus longer on one side, so it must be about my piecing.   I will try some more today to get it right.

Liking these colours. 



I have done a few Perkiomen Daydreams leader-ender blocks-hoping the seam guide improves my accuracy here to. 

I found a random bin that I had stuffed things into-these were another attempt to use up all my strings-scrappy meandering braids.
 Yards and yards!

I found a pattern on pinterest that I can use them for
Genius!
 
 
But- no!  I found some more strings too, just when I thought I had cracked it and used every last one up!!


I also rediscovered these blocks- they only need laying out and putting together-a job for the next wet weekend.
One of Bonnie's patterns-she had been keeping me company on Quiltcam archive.


No comments:

Post a Comment