Another finish this evening, a quilt for Linus about 40 " square. Quilted in the ditch to show off the fabrics.
I have been manically sewing triangles for a coupe of weeks. They are now all pressed and sorted into sets of four, for charity quilts: 3/5 of these are my ugly fabrics. The photo is about half of them. That is an awful lot of dog ears to snip! I will be making these up over the year, probably in several simple designs.
Yesterday I sorted through the charity flimsies I had made from leftover blocks and found there were eight! I spent the morning adding borders and cutting backing fabric. One is pressed and the scrap wadding is pieced ready for layering and quilting in the ditch tomorrow.
As soon as I have enough 'manly' colours sewn into broken dishes blocks with the triangles I will make up a lap quilt for a friend of my son. Due to diabetes he had a second leg amputated last year. He is an amazingly positive 86 year old who is now confined to a wheelchair. My son is helping to clear his old flat. I bought this mint antique silver thimble from him, it is a perfect fit, I am really pleased with it