Monday, 29 February 2016

Orphans

 Today I put the borders on this charity quilt


 The blocks were leftovers from this





***
Then I found orphan blocks left over from Sisters Choice


I put borders all the way round 12 of them, they will be place mats. Not my usual colour at all, but I can practice my free motion on these -I got a super slider for Christmas.  There were enough for a table runner too.



 I raided the batting and pieced 12 squares for the mats. Not enough left for the runner at the moment.


 The last one used six pieces!
 ***

I have been working on these, that finish at 6"
There were some 2" pieces of red left: I have fallen in love with my easy angle ruler (new toy) so I tried smaller ones out......

 ....and so I have started a leader ender project! These will finish at a teeny 3"

***
Then I put borders on this..........


 and this......


and this for more charity quilt flimsies.


 ***
 I pieced a scrappy neutral backing for orphan Moth in a Window  blocks for a charity quilt that I made up about 6 months ago. 


***
 I unpicked the burgundy borders from a row of Sisters choice blocks that didn't make it into the main quilt or the table mats
 and there were just enough for another charity quilt.  It will need another border when it it pressed.

I felt like I hadn't achieved much today as I worked on rounding up orphans for lots of things rather than one project, but I guess things are more organised now.  I have thirteen charity quilts from orphan blocks to quilt!  Super slider practice, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment