Saturday, 12 March 2016

Working at the orphanage

Two finishes today, providing a home for five orphans. They are not quilted. 



Sewing on the border-hang on, I'm sewing it to the border-time for lunch and caffeine!

All of these fabrics were bought as clearance ages ago, they are 'my' colours so I bought several yards of each. Wish I had bought much more of the dino fabric. 
The blocks were part of a sew along that I lost interest in, don't know why as I really liked them!  The spicy border fabric with the green line really worked in the block. 
I would have liked to mitre the corners, but there was less than an inch of border to spare, so didn't dare.  This cushion cover is 28", so I couldn't close it successfully with buttons and had no zips: I went hunting for a strip of velcro that has been hanging about for years, perfect. 

I used the dark star anise orange for backing.



No comments:

Post a Comment