Monday, 23 May 2016

Roundup without curves

I have been working on hexies for the last month. Piccies later. 

 ***

I gave up on Perkiomen Daydreams as I wasn't happy with my accuracy on earlier blocks. I have pieced the finished  blocks into a cot sized flimsy, as cot sized people are no the quilt police! I will quilt this when I need a baby quilt in a hurry. 



 ***

I have started another postage stamp quilt, from the 1 1/2"  bin. I am not using this size, so I sewed some strip sets together and will sub-cut a few at a time- blocks of colour when I need a quick fix. Teenny bits help me with my accuracy. 


***

I have done a few of these flying geese strips, from 2" scraps in sets 1-8, again, to work on my accuracy. They will probably make a scrappy border for something. 


***
 


These two charity quilts are pinned and ready for quilting, all orphan blocks. I have several filmsies of the moth blocks in this size, I am practicing with the fancy stitches on my Bernina before I quilt the king size version! 

This one is part quilted. 
Much more to do to shape the moths.


 ***



A charity quilt finish today, about 1m square.

This one was frugal:
  • Backing was a new gifted polycotton duvet cover
  • Many shirts were harmed in the making of the blocks
  • All the thread was gifted polyester from my dressmaker mum's stash
  • The stripy border was a charity shop cotton duvet cover
  • The white border is recycled cotton sheeting
  • The scrappy binding is made from off-cuts from previous quilt backings 
=happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment