Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Two more complete

 Today I am working on a broken dishes quilt with a new FMQ design. I like this, it's really quick and secures all the seams. 

***
 
I tried it out on the border for the last one, binding completed this morning. That border fabric that I was determined to use up was tricky to quilt and match for binding.  I don't often quilt the borders, just stitch in the ditch as I like the fluffiness of un-quilted space.  This one was too wide not to have something in. 


  • orphan blocks
  • quilted on the front in mid green variegated, white polycore on the back
  • heavily FMQ for practice
  • borders and backing from a bargain bundle that needed using up
  • scrappy binding: I had to cut some extra green for this as the border fabric wouldn't take my usual multicolour scrappy binding from off-cuts.
*****
Another finish, more moth practice
  • Deep stash borders and backing
  • Variegated green cotton on the back; cream poly in the ditch, gifted yellow poly on the borders, various experiments on the moth shapes.
  • orphan blocks
  • binding from a stash I made up a year ago
 Loopy balloons in the borders and sashing
Variegated thread looks awful on the moths! This was my original intention for the big quilt, glad I tried it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment