Thursday, 18 October 2012

Change of plan.



So............. I went to my stash of cut blocks to see if I had anything 'shirty' in there.  Nope: nowhere near enough recycled shirting to think about starting 'moth in a window'.  But hang on.......a couple of quick sketches and a look at the stash of cut strings and blocks and some bad photography......

Hmmmmm.....



.............and a remembrance of some really ugly greys I cut up for my hand piecing project................
...................many of which are sewn up into squares already (by hand)....hmmmmm....they would make good moths..............but it will need a colour lift......
One block with random creams and blues, another with a more even look.  My son and I both preferred the even look.  So, 10 inch blocks, I need 100.  The only thing I need to cut is cream 3 1/2 inch squares and 1 1/2 inch strips for the windows.

The cut sets of borders from the string bin.....

Some extra half square triangles stitched up-all the matching creams were cut as well.
Some short ends stitched together to make the cornerstones- I need more of these, total of 400 sets of four over 6 colours!


This is going so fast-I only THOUGHT about it 24 hours ago.  Boy, does Bonnies scrap users system work!  It was a bonus not having to cut the 3 7/8 inch triangles! A bit more cream cutting is needed. I'm writing this as my back is giving out from standing at the cutting table and iron so long today!




No comments:

Post a Comment