No planning, I dragged out a few blues and I was off, making it up as I went along.
All the yellows were pre-cut so I went with the sizes I had for the yellow blocks.
I'm not really a wall hanging kind of girl. I do need to experiment more and there is no point in leaving things in a plastic bin, so this will be my first wall hanging. There are plenty of plain walls to hang it on as I don't have pictures up either!
|#1 Log cabin construction|
The colours are a bit bleached in this photo. Simple log cabin construction to be enhanced with machine quilting after I have sketched from this book.....
The blue string bin was out, so that one was next. I have to force myself to deviate from the original brief and get creative, it's not a easy process for ma at all. I'll just have to practice (;@]
I needed to use up some old blue curtaining........
|#3 Curtains and rectangles|
|#4 Big squares|
And finally.......the light blue centre picks up the reflected skylight in the original photo. I'm not sure about the borders, they were just what I had leftover.
I could go on for a week on this theme, planning and sewing more samplers! I'm happy I have had a creative splurge and now I can get on with unfinished projects, having started yet another one!