Saturday 14 April 2012

Pottering........

The sewing machine has barely been out since Christmas. My zone out time has been taken up with reading, I'm into a 1300 page novel , London by Edward Rutherfurd. I have developed an unexpected liking for well researched historical novels based on fact, triggered by Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall.  Can't wait for the sequel to be out in paperback for that.

Sewing has been limited to around three thousand hexies in papers-this box is for the Rainbow Hexie, with another for the Random Hexie.  Its surprising how many get done if I leave it next to my chair and pick it up whenever the TV is on. Luckily for project development, I can't just 'sit' and watch TV, I have to be doing something! 

I had a few days off work last week and took a box out with me on a couple of trips to the seaside.  Sea air, sound of the waves, picnic, lovely!

The camera came to Newhaven, I got texture and pattern ideas for quilting. Promising ones to be filed for future reference-nice plaits here; ropey texture there, for borders.

And one for quilt inspiration, love the shape distortion!