Sunday 28 July 2019

Charity quilts update





I have one more bound and ready.  This one is backed with a donated duvet cover . 




***

And the next, layering in progress....

***

The last three flimsies of the current batch have been webbed.  




***
The webbing of my bow tie quilt  is in progress...


***

A little bit of cutting-I found this block a while ago, loved the sample and have been cutting the strips for a while. It looks complicated though it is only HSTs and four patches from 1 1/2'' and 2 1/2'' strips. 


***
And of course, MORE binding. It has been a week of record temperatures in the UK, so sitting with a quilt on my lap hasn't been an option for most of the week! 


I got this silver thimble in a house clearance. It is marked 'James Walker the London Jeweler'. 
A little bit of research told me that they were given as a free gift with wedding ring purchases.  It came from the house of a 90 year old bachelor!  Maybe he had a romantic disappointment. They used to make thimbles in much smaller size increments, this one fits me perfectly.  Shortly after, I bought another antique one in the perfect size from Ebay.