Friday 26 July 2019

Charity quilts

At the moment I'm working on 40 lap quilts for an old folks care home. I have had a lot of stuff hoarded for charity quilts but lacked the enthusiasm to do more than one every six weeks or so. Now I have a definite goal as there are 40 residents.  




Most of the flimsies are done, I finished webbing these tops and putting on scrappy  borders today. I cut the borders at 2 1/4", same as the binding. I love a scrappy binding! 

***
A sample batch of 6 have been delivered, including these .



***
I bound these two this week


There was a hiccup with this one, I cut the backing tooo small, so some orphan blocks came in handy! 

***
These broken dishes blocks are my leader enders, cut from 2" strips 


I have been doing these for months now and have quite a stack, the aim is a queen size!